Interviews are only granted to those who are:
- 3L Students (preference may be given to those with Certified Legal Intern Status, or have applied to take the Florida Bar Exam and have their Character and Fitness approved; however, such status is not required)
- Are eligible to be certified under Rule 11 of the Rules Governing the Florida Bar
- Have taken the bar exam and are awaiting their results
- Have been admitted to the Florida Bar and are in Good Standing
If you would like to be considered for an interview, please submit the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org attention Richard J. Montecalvo, Chief Assistant State Attorney.
- Cover Letter
- References – please provide the names, contact information, and affiliation, of 3 professional references
- SAO Employment Application
- FRS – Certification Form
- 3L Students with Certified Legal Intern Status must submit
- Copy of Registrant Clearance from Florida Board of Bar Examiners
- Current copy of school transcripts
Or, you may mail them to:
Office of the State Attorney, 20th Judicial Circuit
Attn: Richard J. Montecalvo, Chief Assistant State Attorney
Post Office Box 399
Fort Myers, FL 33902
*Note: Applicants submitting online will receive an email acknowledgement within 2-3 business days.
Currently, we can only hire when a vacancy exists. Interviews are held throughout the year so that we are able to fill positions as vacancies occur. Interview selections will be made one month prior to scheduled interview sessions. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted in advance to allow ample time to coordinate schedule and travel plans. All interviews are held in our Fort Myers Office, no phone or Go To Meeting interviews.
Applicants being considered for an interview will be required to successfully pass a preliminary background investigation (applicants will be contacted in advance to collect necessary information).