In compliance with Supreme Court rulings and Rule of Judicial Administration 2.516 requiring mandatory electronic service of court documents beginning October 1, 2013, the State Attorney has set up a primary email address for service of court documents in each county as listed below. This is a temporary measure pending implementation of the Document Exchange Portal for the State Attorney’s Office, 20th Judicial Circuit described below.
Per the ruling, the following is required:
- Subject line must be: SERVICE OF COURT DOCUMENTS followed by the Uniform Case Number (UCN) OR the Clerk’s case number and county.
- The body of the email must contain
- The court in which the matter is pending;
- The case number;
- The name of the parties (State v. Defendant);
- Title(s) of each document served in the email;
- The name of the sender;
- The telephone number of the sender.
- Email attachments may not exceed 5 MB. Emails greater than 5 MB must be broken down and sequentially numbered.
- Documents must be PDF format.
- A document may be served by email prior to filing with the court, but it must be filed with the court immediately thereafter.
- A document is served when sent.
- Notice of E-Mail Address Designation may be submitted to our offices or served to the corresponding email addresses indicated above. If an email address is not designated, documents may be served at the email address on record with The Florida Bar.
Hendry County & Glades County
The Office of the State Attorney, 20th Judicial Circuit, in collaboration with the CJIS Consortium, has designed a website to accept and deliver service of court documents as mandated by the Florida Supreme Court Rule of Judicial Administration 2.516. Full implementation of the Document Exchange Portal (DEP) will be phased in for all five counties beginning near the end of 2017. DEP will:
- Provide a secure portal.
- Allow the exchange of electronic Discovery as well as service of court documents.
- Track documents and files exchanged.
- Allow files up to 300 MB each.
- Be available 24/7.
- Allow for enrollment in auto email notifications when files are available for pickup.
- Allow access by the attorney of record or their designee.
The registration process will begin with email verification of your primary and, if provided, up to two secondary email addresses.
Questions and concerns may be sent to IJIS-SAO-Admin@sao.cjis20.org.